- Click here for the USA Gymnastics Professional Journalism Policies. Additional copies will be available on-site at each event.
Media credentials are not intended for those who sell photos or images. Credentials will not be issued to those involved in commercial ventures, unless specially approved in advance and written consent is obtained from USA Gymnastics.
For consideration for a media credential, a journalist must:
- Have completed the credential through the credential request portion of this site at least 14 days prior to the start of the event.
- Be a current, working journalist or photographer for a recognized national or international media outlet on assignment for the event.
USA Gymnastics will not accept a credential application from freelance photographers, writers or internet reporters without the following
- Completed on-line application.
- Assignment letter on company letterhead detailing actual assignment (emails not acceptable) from the assigning editor, with his/her name and contact info.
- Also, submission of these materials is not a guarantee of credential application approval.
- Wire services (AP, AFP, Reuters, etc.)
- Daily newspapers (based on circulation)
- Local newspaper/media outlets in host city
- Magazines and weekly newspapers
- Local television affiliates
- The site must demonstrate a record of sustained, original news content on gymnastics.
- The site's own full-time staff must write an overwhelming percentage of the site's content.
- If requested, site must furnish certifiable traffic number of monthly visitors from an established auditing firm. Hit counters will not fulfill this requirement.
- Websites that will not be credentialed include: personal page publishers, discussion boards/chat rooms, subscription-based sites and gymnastics club sites.
- Live coverage from events is acceptable via Facebook, Twitter and online; however, it cannot resemble live scoring, which is provided through usagym.org. In addition, if seating is limited at an event, priority seating is given to recognized newsgathering organizations.
- Each organization that is filing to a website or represents a website must sign the event's web guidelines, which addresses use of video and images taken at the event.
USA Gymnastics uses credentials with a photo at selected events. Credentials may not be duplicated or reproduced in any manner. Credentials are not transferable. Credentials must be worn at all times.
Applications and all requested supplementary documentation must be submitted by the established deadlines. Waiving of deadlines is solely at USA Gymnastics discretion.
Seats in the press section are tabled and have power. Auxiliary press seats consist of seating in the venue near the press tribune with optimal viewing, but no table or power.
Media outlets with more than two journalists may be asked to work from the auxiliary press seating area.
- Tape or produce live segments on-site up to 20 minutes prior to the start of each session.
- Interviews with athletes, coaches and other event personnel prior to and following competition in designated media areas.
- Tape designated training sessions at competition venue only.
- No live or taped competitive footage may be used without approval.
In the event NBC is not present, USA Gymnastics may allow expanded event access to local news affiliates. Please contact a USA Gymnastics representative for broadcast restrictions and approved camera positions within the arena. USA Gymnastics reserves the right to restrict access to any video or audio recording devices at any time without notice. Prior approval and notification of presence is required in all cases. All interviews must be pre-arranged with USA Gymnastics.
By applying for a credential, you are agreeing to the above policy. Application for credentials does not guarantee approval.
No personal video cameras or digital video cameras will be permitted. Flash photography, audio, or video or digital video recording of any kind is not permitted.