The W200 Development Coaches Course: HOTD has been developed to:
- Enhance the status of beginning level competitive gymnastics programs throughout the United States.
- Establish certificate program requirements which will help identify competent compulsory level coaches.
- Provide appropriate skills, drills and techniques for entry level competitive coaches.
- Help standardize entry level competitive gymnastics teaching throughout the United States.
- Provide resources, instructional materials, and assistance at levels 3-5 coaching.
- Provides Hands on Spotting on all four Olympic Events.
Attendance to the W200 course is eligible for 6 hours of CPE credit.
Sample Schedule (please note – subject to change)
Check-in - 8:30-9:00 am
Welcome/introductions - 9:05-9:10 am
Floor - 9:10-11:10 am
Break - 11:10-11:15 am
Beam - 11:15 am-12:15 pm
Working Meal Break/Coaching 101 - 12:15-1:00 pm
Bars - 1:00-2:30 pm
Break - 2:30-2:35 pm
Vault - 2:35-3:20 pm
Lesson Planning/ Conclusions - 3:20-4:00 pm
The locations for the live courses are:
Region 3 Congress - Alpha Gymnastics, 3251 Market Place Norman OK 73072
Friday, June 10, 2022 03:00 PM to 08:00 PM
Region 4 Congress - Doubletree by Hilton Cedar Rapids Convention Complex, 350 First Ave NE Cedar Rapids IA 52401
Thursday, June 16, 2022 02:00 PM to 07:00 PM
Region 7 Congress - Hilton Balitmore Inner Harbor, 401 W. Pratt St. Baltimore MD 20201
Thursday, June 23, 2022 03:30 PM to 08:30 PM
Active Athletics - 8175 South Grant Way Littleton CO 80122
Sunday, June 26, 2022 11:30 AM to 06:00 PM
Region 5 Congress - DeVos Place, 303 Monroe Ave. Grand Rapids MI 45903
Thursday, July 21, 2022 02:00 PM to 07:00 PM
Region 6 Congress - Crowne Plaza Providence Warwick (Airport), 801 Greenwich Ave Warwick RI 02886
Thursday, August 4, 2022 02:00 PM to 07:00 PM
Region 2 Congress - Multnomah Athletic Club, 1849 SW Salmon St. Portland OR 97205
Friday, August 12, 2022 03:00 PM to 08:00 PM
National Congress - Tampa Convention Center, 333 S Franklin St. Tampa FL 33602
Thursday, August 18, 2022 01:00 PM to 06:00 PM
Region 1 Congress - Pacific West Gymnastics - 32920 Alvarado Niles Road Union City CA 94587
Sunday, August 28, 2022 01:00 PM to 06:00 PM
Haven't created a username and password? Click here.
- $80 for USA Gymnastics Members: Recreational Coach, Competitive Coach, Judge, Meet Director, Owner/Managing Director, Athlete (aged 14 or older)
- Not a member? | APPLY NOW!
- Course attendees must be a minimum of 14 years old
- Attendees age 18 and older MUST complete U110: U.S. Center Safe Sport Core course to attend this training.
- All participants aged 18 or older must have a current criminal background check.
- Pre-registration can be done online up to 5 business days prior to the live course.
- All on-site registrations will be charged a $25 late fee and are not guaranteed course materials or a spot in the course.
- Registered individuals may cancel their registration and request a refund within 30 days following a course. A 25% processing fee will apply. Course Cancellation and Refund Form
- Individuals registered for a W200 HOTD course may transfer their registration to another W200 HOTD course at a different date/time (using the Course Transfer Form). Transfers to another live course must be done at least 5 business days prior to the new course or late fees will apply.
- USA Gymnastics reserves the right to cancel and/or change the date of any live hands-on training course due to lack of registration(s).